Report change of circumstances

Contact us to report a change of your circumstances.

If you are in receipt of Housing or Council Tax benefits and there is a change in any of your personal circumstances, you must let us know as soon as possible.

Changes that we must be notified about include:

  • a change of address
  • someone joining or leaving your household and you still wish to claim
  • a change to your income or capital
  • cancel your claim
  • self-employed earnings
  • absences.

This isn't exhaustive so if in doubt let us know about the change and we will confirm if it affects your benefit.

Even if you notify the Department for Work and Pensions or the Inland Revenue of any change, you'll need to let us know separately.

Check another post code

Why you're going to a different website

As a new council we are in the process of adding information to this website. To give you the information you need some pages will link back to the old council websites.

About the council changes