More advice on available grants

Other support available

ECO4 Funding

Available for properties across the UK where the residents are in receipt of a qualifying benefit.  Enquiries can be made directly to an ECO4 supplier.  More information is available on the Ofgem website.

National Energy Action (NEA)

A national charity working to end fuel poverty in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.  Advice and support available to fuel-poor households.

NEA’s Warm and Safe Homes Advice Service is a free support service providing advice to householders in England and Wales on their energy bills and keeping warm and safe in their home. They can also help with benefits advice and income maximisation.  Contact 0800 304 7159 (open Monday to Friday, 10am-12 noon). More information is available on the NEA website.

Priority services register (PSR)

Free support available for those who need it.  Check with your energy supplier whether you qualify for this and also consider registering with your district network operator (for example - Northern Gas Networks or Electricity North West) who run their own PSRs.  United Utilities has one too and you can also request water-saving freebies.

More information is available on the following websites:


Find ways to save energy in your home. If you own a property in England or Wales you can get recommendations for home improvements that could make your property cheaper to heat and keep warm. Advice is available on the Government website or speak to an adviser on 0800 098 7950 (Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 12pm)

Your local home improvement agency (HIA)

HIAs are local, trusted organisations that help older, disabled and vulnerable people to live a good life for longer.  Services vary between HIAs but they may be able to help you. More information is available on the Foundations website.

Other available grants can also be found by searching on the Turn2us website.

More information about maintaining good health during winter and the financial help available for the over 60s, low-income families and people living with a disability can be found on the Government website.