Cumberland Council continues to support residents and businesses during the coming months with their ‘winter ready’ campaign.
This year’s campaign will reflect the winter travel and weather preparations, and up to date public health advice and guidance, and a whole host of other useful information.
The campaign will continue to include a programme of social media activity helping to ensure that people are kept up to date with all the latest winter advice including:
- The latest information, guidance and support available to people regarding winter vaccines.
- Emergency planning - advice on how to protect your home from flooding and find out if you are at risk.
- Winter travel - how to stay safe, keep up to date with road and weather information and make sure your vehicle is ready for winter.
- General health advice - staying well this winter.
- Information and advice about support for the Cost of Living
Councillor Denise Rollo, Cumberland Council Executive Member for Sustainable, Resilient and Connected Places, said:
“We have recently seen the severe winter weather impact on communities in Cumberland. Winter is here, and it is important we take some simple steps to prepare - from getting a flu or a Covid booster jab, to checking over your vehicle.
“Whatever the weather throws at us this winter, Cumberland Council is ready to respond. The dedicated Winter Ready web pages are a one-stop platform with links, handy tips and advice to help all of residents, businesses and visitors.”
Cumberland Councillor Markus Campbell-Savours, Executive Member for Adults and Community Health, added:
“The winter ready campaign tackles both the practical challenges of colder weather and emphasises essential health advice. This comprehensive effort provides residents with the knowledge and tools to safely navigate winter's obstacles, building a more resilient and prepared community.”