Pay for or challenge a Penalty Charge Notice

How to pay your Penalty Charge Notice (PCN), also known as a parking fine or parking ticket.

Pay a Penalty Charge Notice

You will need:

  • the notice number that was issued
  • the vehicle registration number that was issued the notice
  • your contact details
  • payment card details - either credit or debit cards are accepted

The notice number and vehicle registration number can be found on the front of the charge notice or correspondence you have received.

Pay a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN)

There are different ways to pay depending on when your PCN was issued.

After 1 April 2023

Before 31 March 2023

If your PCN was issued before 31 March 2023, you'll need to pay a different way.

Former Allerdale Borough Council

Pay a PCN - Allerdale

Former Carlisle City Council

Pay a PCN - Carlisle

Former Copeland Borough Council

Pay a PCN - Copeland

Former Cumbria County Council

Pay a PCN - Cumbria

Pay over the phone

If you prefer to make your payment over the phone rather than online, you can call Parking Services.

Parking Services
Telephone: 0333 600 0605

How your data is managed

The data is managed by Chipside (the data controller) on behalf of Cumberland Council. Payment is taken by SagePay/WorldPay on behalf of Cumberland.

If you don’t pay your Penalty Charge Notice

If a PCN remains unpaid, a warrant of control may be issued in the vehicle keeper's name under the authority of the Traffic Enforcement Centre at Northampton County Court.

This warrant will be passed to the Council's enforcement agents. They will contact the vehicle keeper to request payment. If payment is still not made they may instruct a certified enforcement agent to find another way to secure payment.

If you have a query

If you have a query about a PCN which has been passed to the council's enforcement agents, you can contact us or them directly and they can advise you further.