Sports ground safety

Under the Safety of Sports Grounds Act 1975, certain premises, such as large football stadiums, require a general safety certificate, issued by the council.

There are two types of safety certificate:

  • general safety certificate
  • special safety certificate

Which you require depends on what you want to do.

Why you're going to a different website

As a new council we are in the process of adding information to this website. To give you the information you need some pages will link back to the old council websites.

About the council changes