If you intend to knock down a building you must submit a demolish notice.

We control demolition works for the protection of public safety and to safeguard next door properties.

Anyone intending to demolish all or part of a building must give notice to Building Control of the intended demolition.

Copies of the notice must also be sent to utility service companies, gas, water and electricity suppliers and adjoining owners.

We may carry out a site inspection and will serve a counter notice, which sets out conditions relating to the work.

Work can only begin after receipt of the counter notice or an expiry of six weeks from the date of submission to the council.

Check another post code

Why you're going to a different website

As a new council we are in the process of adding information to this website. To give you the information you need some pages will link back to the old council websites.

About the council changes