Animal licensing

You need a licence if you are doing any of these animal-related activities.

There are various regulations that relate to animals.

You need a licence for any of the following:

  • boarding of cats and dogs
  • home boarding and dog day care
  • dog breeding
  • selling animals as pets
  • hiring out of horses
  • keeping or training animals to exhibit
  • dangerous and wild animals
  • running a zoo.
Check another post code

Why you're going to a different website

As a new council we are in the process of adding information to this website. To give you the information you need some pages will link back to the old council websites.

About the council changes