House to house collections

If you want to collect money or property, such as clothes and bric-a-brac, for charity from houses, pubs or shops, you need a licence.

A permit is required to undertake a house to house collection under the House to House Collections Act 1939.

If your organisation does not have a Home Office exemption order, then your organisation will need to apply for a permit before it can collect money or articles door to door.

Check another post code

Why you're going to a different website

As a new council we are in the process of adding information to this website. To give you the information you need some pages will link back to the old council websites.

About the council changes