Street trading

Contact us to find out if you need a licence to trade on a street.

Street trading means the selling or offering for sale any articles in a street or from a stationary van, cart, barrow or other vehicle.

In most cases, street trading consent is required before goods can be sold on any street.

You must provide proof that permission has been given by the landowner/manager for trading on their land, including highways.

Any fee for a concession by the landowner is separate from the fee which must accompany an application for street trading consent.

You should consult our Highways department and Highways England to see if there are any restrictions that might impact on your activity.

If you intend to sell hot food and drink between 11pm and 5am you will also require a premises licence for late night refreshment.

Check another post code

Why you're going to a different website

As a new council we are in the process of adding information to this website. To give you the information you need some pages will link back to the old council websites.

About the council changes