Do you work in the hospitality sector? Would you like to take part in some free training?
Cumberland Council has organised two days of Welcome to Cumberland training events on Wednesday 10 and Thursday 11 May.
The training is free to anyone working or volunteering in the tourism/hospitality industry and participants can attend one day or both days.
The training will include a visit to Keswick on Wednesday 10 May. On Thursday 11 May a coach tour starts at Maryport and travels down the coast to Muncaster and back.
The itinerary will include:
- Considering who the visitors are and what they need/want to know.
- The importance of the visitor economy and the role of hospitality providers in welcoming visitors.
- Considering customer service: the importance of first impressions, understanding customer needs, and exceeding customer expectation.
- Discussion on recommending walking routes and places to eat, stay or visit.
- Discussion and ideas on the Importance of trading online and how best to do it.
Spaces are limited, so sign up online soon, at https://businessallerdale.co.uk/welcome-to-cumberland-training/