- Job Reference: 1424
- Job type: Headship, Deputy or Assistant Head
- Contract: Permanent
- Work pattern: Full-time
- Salary: Group 2 Leadership Range: Salary: £68,400 TO £75,331
- Date posted: Friday 19 January 2024
- Closing date for applications: Monday 19 February 2024
- Employer: Catholic
Full Time Headteacher
Start Date: 1 September 2024
School Mission Statement:
Why are we here?
Jesus told us to love one another.
We do this by showing respect and caring for each other.
We want everyone to do their best at all times and take pride in themselves
because each one of us is special to God.
The governing body of St. Mary’s Catholic Primary School are seeking to appoint a practising Catholic to the position of Headteacher. We are looking for someone who will build on our strong Catholic ethos and share our whole school vision.
St. Mary’s Catholic Primary School is situated close to Workington and the beautiful Solway Coast. It is on the edge of the Lake District National Park, which is an area of outstanding natural beauty. We seek to appoint a highly motivated headteacher with a clear vision to continue to promote high standards of learning as well as an innovative, creative curriculum which nurtures the whole child. We benefit from an active and supportive local community, including strong partnerships with the local parish. Recently we have made significant investments in our outdoor learning environment enabling us to enhance learning beyond the classroom. St. Mary’s is proud of its extended provision and has strong links with the consortium of Workington schools.
In November 2022 Ofsted judged St Mary’s to be a good school. Pupil behaviour and attitudes were judged as outstanding.
Ofsted stated ‘Leaders have designed a broad curriculum. It is ambitious for all pupils, including
pupils with SEND’. They also noted that ‘Pupils behave exceptionally well. They enjoy their learning immensely. They are polite, courteous, and well mannered. Pupils are mature and articulate.’
We would like to hear from you if you:
- are a practising Catholic with a strong faith commitment and a clear understanding of Catholic education and the vision and ability to further develop the Catholic life of our school;
- are passionate about ensuring that each pupil fulfils their unique potential;
- place safeguarding at the heart of school life;
- are able to foster strong relationships with the school community and external partners;
- are an outstanding leader with high expectations of pupils and staff;
- are an approachable, collaborative, inclusive and inspirational leader.
We can offer you:
- a school where children are at the centre and Jesus is at the heart of everything we do;
- a place where we create growth in prayer, in spiritual awareness and moral values;
- a highly supportive Governing Body that is driven to ensure that our children reach their full potential;
- a dedicated, skilled and mutually supportive staff, committed to care for and develop each child;
- a welcoming school with joyful, enthusiastic children who are keen to learn and are supported by their committed parents/carers, governors and members of the parish;
- opportunities for your continued professional development.
If you are interested in this post and would like the opportunity to visit our school, please contact us on 01946 830433. Visits can only be made by arrangement with our Business Manager, Mrs Julie Dyer.
To apply, please visit the school website www.stmarys-harrington.cumbria.sch.uk to download the application pack.
All completed application forms and supporting information should be returned to the Clerk to the Governing Body at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 09.00am on Monday 19th February 2024.
Shortlisting will take place on Wednesday 21st February 2024.
Successful applicants will receive notification by Friday 23rd February 2024.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 7th and Friday 8th March 2024.
St Mary’s Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments are made subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and satisfactory references. If shortlisted, you will be required to disclose relevant information regarding criminal history and an on-line search will be conducted. This includes only information publicly available on-line.
Contact St Mary's Catholic Primary School - Workington
St Marys Catholic Primary School - Workington