Housing Benefit

Find out about Housing Benefit and apply online.

Housing Benefit is financial help towards paying your rent if you are unemployed, on a low income or claiming other benefits. 

Most new benefit claimants of working age will have to claim their Housing Benefit via Universal Credit and claim Council Tax support via the council.

Existing working age claimants are being switched to Universal Credit.

Check another post code

Why you're going to a different website

As a new council we are in the process of adding information to this website. To give you the information you need some pages will link back to the old council websites.

About the council changes